Creating a free Microsoft 365 tenant for practice
Before we can start learning how to secure Microsoft 365 we're going to need a test tenant. A tenant where we can implement whatever you want and test things out before implementing them in production. A place where we can perform hands-on learning in a live environment without affecting production. Fortunately, we can set up a Microsoft 365 tenant for free to try out. The only thing you need is a free email address for example gmail.com, outlook.com, or yahoo.com, and a phone number.
1. Go to Office 365 E5
2. Click Free Trial
3. Enter your email address. Click Next.
4. Click Set up account.
5. Fill out the form under Tell us about yourself. Then click Next.
6. Enter your phone number and click Send verification code. Enter the code texted to you.
7. Enter a name for your test tenant, for example, gitbittest1. Then click Check Availability. Find a name that's available. Then click Next.
8. Then enter a username, and password for your new tenant. Remember them or write them down. Then click Sign up.
That's it. You now have a Microsoft 365 test tenant.