Question 6 of 10
Your organization uses Microsoft 365. Your organization has multiple office locations with the IP address ranges shown below.
- Chicago internal network: 192.168.0.0/20
- Chicago perimeter network: 172.16.0.0/24
- Chicago external network: 22.214.171.124/28
- San Francisco internal network: 192.168.16.0/20
- San Francisco perimeter network: 172.16.16.0/24
- San Francisco external network: 126.96.36.199/32
Your organization currently uses MFA. Your manager has received a number of complaints about how often they are receiving prompts. The organization's leadership team has decided to exclude the Chicago network. Your manager has asked you to exclude the Chicago network from being required to use MFA.
Which IP addresses should you configure in the Trusted IP list for MFA?
You'll need to exclude the external network also known as the public IP address. Microsoft does not permit private IP addresses in the trusted IP list because private IP addresses are not routable across the internet. Therefore, 192.168.0.0, 192.168.16.0, and 172.16.0.0 are not valid answers.